Saturday, January 15, 2011

Murder At Levita House






got this beautiful book as a gift Christmas from my sister who lives in Montreal and although I have not started to practice I have delighted studying the recipes and recreated in the beautiful pictures of macarons of all kinds, colors and flavors.
The "macaron-mania is here to stay, just take a look at the amount of information available on the Internet, published books and so on., To verify that it is a global fever . In many cities already get boutiques to sell this delicacy just in Paris in the shops of Pierre Hermé people queue in Street to become a macarons. My sister tells me that in Montreal there are 2 stores devoted exclusively to one called macarons Point G Boutique and other La Maison du Macaron , the first sent me a sample (all delicious) , and are the pictures that I post this post, second I have the book and will soon start to experiment with combinations.

A year ago I learned to do and I must confess that after a couple of tries I managed to find the point of "macarronage" but so far I've only dared to do it in 5 flavors: ; classic filled with chocolate, mocha and passion fruit and white chocolate ganache filled with tonka beans (my favorite so far) as well as coconut and chocolate.

The ideas in this book are great, I invite you to stop by the website La Maison du Macaron to see the pictures not only of traditional macaroons, but the oval, square, and even dessert-style salted .... if you read that right there is a chapter on the macarons as appetizers (tapas, appetizers, snacks) while maintaining the same base combine fillers such as goat cheese with zucchini, foie gras with figs, avocado, olive oil, ham with melon, pepper and raspberry and smoked salmon with herbs. We will have to try to see how the combination but I say that at least the appearance is atomic.
There are 2 online tutorials for those who want to start in the art of macaron I think one good explanatory La Cuisine de Mercotte look at Le sucré macarons the link and get there explanations even in Castilian and the other on the spot Tartellete find a Macaron Tutorial is fairly well even in English.

0 comments:

Post a Comment